Julie Amos has vast practical experience and knowledge of the performing arts sector having started her career in stage management, orchestral management and sport presentation before moving into senior executive roles.
Julie played a key role in the acquisition of Orchestra Victoria by The Australian Ballet in 2014 and successfully led the orchestra for 3 years with Artistic Director, Nicolette Fraillon. During her tenure Orchestra Victoria delivered successive surplus budgets, diversified revenue streams and developed strong business, strategic and risk management plans.
Julie was the General Manager & Co-CEO of HotHouse Theatre in 2017 before relocating to Pyalong in regional Victoria where she has a small horse property.
With an eye for detail, stead-fast work ethic and an ambitious approach, Julie has a proven track record for finding efficiency and delivering outcomes to support artists and the integrity of their work.
For more information about Julie’s experience and qualifications please see her LinkedIn profile.
Queensland University of Technology
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Technical Production, 2002 – 2004
Queensland Conservatorium of Music
Bachelor of Music, Flute, 1999 – 2001
- Arts Leaders Program (2016 -2018) Australia Council for the Arts
- Lead an Emergency Control Organisation
- Microsoft Excel 2010 Advanced
- Negotiation Skills
- Business Writing for Maximum Impact
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work (LF, RB)
- Construction Induction (white card)
- Electrical Test & Tag license
- Elevated Work Platform (yellow card)
- Working with Children Check Victoria
- First Aid